EXCEL FOR QUALITY
Do you have stacks of audits but lack the skills to turn the data into information? Well now is your opportunity to learn how to use Excel to aggregate, analyze and report your quality data in a comfortable environment. Join us for a day using Excel 2007 for Basic training. You will learn how to design a data collection tool, insert formulas, aggregate and analyze performance improvement data as well as review the basics of navigating around a spreadsheet. Class size is limited so we encourage you to sign up early!
The class generally meets from 9:00am - 3:30pm. Registration and coffee begins at 8:30am. Beverages, snacks and a catered lunch are provided.
Registration fee is $95 for "In Network" Bay Area hospitals/$145 for "Out of Network" non-Bay Area hospitals and includes: a full day of programming, lunch and flash drives to take home saved work.
- Understand how to navigate around an Excel spreadsheet
- Know how to write and insert formulas commonly used in performance improvement
- Design a data collection tool
- Understand how to aggregate and analyze performance improvement data
- Learn how to format and graph your results
9:00am - Welcome & Review: Goals for the Day (participants' perspective)
9:10am - Open a Spreadsheet
- Excel coordinates
- Columns, rows and cells
- Tabs and naming
10:10am - Basic Formulas
- = What you want to do (location, location)
11:20am - Design a Data Collection Form: Aggregating and Analyzing Data
- MR#, DR#, date, indicator 1, indicator 2, indicator 3 - Y/N/NA
- Sizing columns and rows
- Sorting and filtering
12:15pm - Lunch
1:00pm - Graphing Your Data
- Grabbing data
- Graphing wizard
- Copy & paste
- Make formatting changes
3:15pm - Q&A
3:30pm - Adjourn
"Provider Approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 15958, for 5.0 contact hours."