QUALITY IMPROVEMENT 101
Is Quality a ‘Department’ or What I Do? ‘Quality Improvement’ is more than a small department that attempts to drive change; quality improvement is the responsibility of every person who works in a healthcare facility.
Do you see ways that your unit or department could improve, but don’t know how to make that happen? Do you ever wonder why things ‘get better’ but don’t ‘stay better’? Do you want to learn the key steps that need to be in place for improvement to not only happen, but to ‘stick’?
There is a great saying in healthcare quality improvement….’We can’t manage what we don’t measure’. Some of us are ‘stuck’ in the ‘measurement phase’ of improvement and have no time or energy at the end of the day to do anything with our data.
If this describes what you are up against, and you would like to learn about how YOU can influence and drive performance improvement in your unit or department, this is the session for you.
Topics for discussion include:
- Process Design: How can I ‘fix’ it if I don’t ‘understand’ it?
- Model for Improvement: How can I ‘get there’ if I don’t know where I’m trying to go and when I plan to arrive?
- Measurement: How measurement can guide quality improvement without becoming a burden.
- Leadership: How to motivate your colleagues to improve even when you are not ‘in charge’.
- Strategies and Techniques: How to access a quality improvement toolbox to guide your efforts and ease the journey.